External wall insulation or EWI for short is a thermally insulated material that is fixed to the outside walls of a building, then covered in a special type of render or brick slip. Different properties will need a different thickness and type of insulation so it meets the required R value.
EWI has many benefits:
- It will reduce heat loss through your walls.
- Reduce heating bill costs.
- It’s more energy efficient.
- Will prevent mould and damp issues.
- Reduces condensation.
- Does not reduce the living space in the property.
- Sound resistant.
- Improving appearance of the building.
While the insulation has many benefits in the statistics of a property, what you choose to cover the insulation in will be the main visual difference.
The Finishes you can choose:
- Textured render
- Pebble dash
- Brick effect render
Wells and Munday Builders are Weatherby approved installers and we carry out EWI jobs in and around Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.